Vice President and Dean Search
Bethel University is excited to announce the search for the next Vice President and Dean of Bethel Seminary.
Over the past two decades, Bethel Seminary has been one of the most entrepreneurial of schools in one of the most traditional of education sectors. Bethel Seminary has led the way in both degree programs and pedagogy—addressing real congregational and cultural needs while building on the spirit of its innovative past.
Now is the time to select a leader to take Bethel Seminary to the next level, equipping ministry leaders for kingdom impact.
Call For Candidates
Know someone who would be great for Bethel Seminary? Confidentially recommend him or her for consideration.
Learn More About the Position
From the history of the Seminary to details of the position, the Opportunity Profile (pdf) gives a good picture of Bethel Seminary and the Vice President and Dean position.
The Vice President and Dean is the senior visionary leader of the Seminary charged to ensure fulfillment of the mission, to collaborate with and guide faculty in equipping students to lead and serve in the church, and to steward Seminary resources. Other responsibilities include:
- Articulating a vision that distinguishes a Bethel Seminary education that is accessible to contemporary students and enables ministry success
- Executing the Seminary’s mission to serve the church, including traditional denominational structures and parachurch organizations
- Leading, empowering, and collaborating with the faculty to implement strategies that allow Bethel Seminary to fulfill its educational mission in each academic program
- Leading the Bethel Seminary St. Paul campus, and through their deans, leading the San Diego and East Coast campuses, aligning and inspiring faculty and staff to advance Bethel’s mission
- Serving as the key representative to internal and external audiences on Seminary matters, including partnering with University Relations in constituent relations efforts to mobilize investors to support the vision of Bethel Seminary, committing at least 15% of his or her time to fund-raising
The Vice President and Dean of Bethel Seminary shall be a maturing model of the ministry and spiritual formation ideals of the Seminary; irenic as well as humble in spirit; evangelical in theology; collaborative, transparent, relational and transformational in leadership style; and effective as an advocate for the Seminary’s vision in exercising influence and garnering the necessary resources of funds, students, faculty and partnerships both within and beyond the University.
The Search Advisory Committee is currently collecting names, through submission and nomination, for the initial review process. Names should sent directly to David Gyertson from The Dingman Company. All submissions will be kept confidential.