Who We Are
Work with Purpose is an initiative of Bethel Seminary, funded by the Kern Family Foundation. We invite a strategic dialogue between faculty, students, pastors, lay church leaders and Christian businesspeople. Together our community explores the implications of our Christian faith on our work. The goal of our dialogue is to reintegrate faith with work, vocation and economics; or in other words, to further reintegrate the “secular” with the “sacred.”
Take a look at how we do this and consider learning with us as we work toward a fuller picture of the kingdom potential of work.
Our leadership team brings together diverse perspectives that shape and drive all initiative activities - the backbone of who we are.
Our team includes 4 staff members:
- Justin Irving, Initiative Director - Professor, Bethel Seminary
- TediAnne Hasapopoulos, Church Ambassador - MBA Instructor, Bethel University
- Mary Jensen, Seminary Coordinator - Associate Academic Dean, Bethel Seminary
- Erin Rupe, Initiative Manager
And 5 additional business and ministry leaders:
- Don Blue - Senior Financial Manager, General Mills
- Geoff Bohleen - Connections Pastor, Wooddale Church
- Nate Gustafson - Pastor of Student Ministries, Eaglebrook Church
- Scott Peterson - Executive Director, Burnsville YMCA
- Al Prentice - MBA Instructor, Bethel University
Our advisory council is made up of influential leaders and acts as an important sounding board for the overall direction and impact of the initiative.
- Leith Anderson - President, National Association of Evangelicals
- Dan Dye - President, Horizon Milling, Cargill
- Paul Ferris - Professor of Hebrew Bible, Bethel Seminary
- Paul Floyd - Attorney at Law, Wallen-Friedman & Floyd PA
- Dan Lindh - President and CEO, Presbyterian Homes
- Jim Louwsma - Retired, Procter & Gamble
- Julie White - President, Tapestry Solutions
- Harold Wiens - Retired 3M Executive Vice President