Marital and family therapy students pour their lives into listening, advising, and healing. And it's tiring work helping people in pain regain fullness of life.
That's what we’re passionate about—building up the well being of counseling professionals so they can use their gifts to bring light to a suffering world.
Students come to Bethel so they can:
- Grow in their personal faith and maturity
- Rejuvenate and strengthen their inner self
- Explore tough issues surrounding broken relationships and family roots
- Help God’s hurting people walk through life transformation
- Weave biblical teaching into everyday practice
- Build a solid foundation, rooted in deep spirituality
The passion of Bethel Seminary San Diego's MFT department is to advance the healing ministry of Jesus Christ among all people in competent, ethical, and culturally sensitive ways. As a Spirit-empowered, biblically grounded community of academic excellence, Bethel strives to develop whole and holy persons who know themselves as wounded healers, able to integrate the sources of truth. Our mission is to equip marriage and family therapists to go as God's servants to a world of diverse people to engage with them on their journey toward individual and relational well-being.
The Marital and Family Therapy program at Bethel Seminary is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE). COAMFTE requires that we provide data on Student Achievement Criteria (pdf) including graduation rates, national exam pass rates and licensure rates.