Certificate in Theological Studies
You’re feeling the nudge to grow deeper in your understanding of the Christian faith. Whether you’re considering vocational ministry or are hungry for personal enrichment, a certificate program is a solid place to start.
Designed for students who want to:
- Enhance their current ministry
- Take courses needed for serving in missions and parachurch organizations
- Get guidance in making a decision about vocational Christian ministry
- Earn credits that will transfer to a master’s program
Through our innovative program model planted in the local church, students not only benefit from the knowledge they gain, but also from the mentoring relationships and guided ministry experiences built into their program work.
Our students choose to enroll and then meet for classes at either the New England or Washington, D.C. teaching center. Earning a total of 48 credits over 2 years, they take 5 required courses and then choose 7 additional electives.
Required courses include:
- Transformational Leadership
- Spiritual Formation
- Culture and Ministry
- Systematic Theology (choice from: Foundations, Christ, Holy Spirit/Salvation, Church/Eschatology)
Download gainful employment information (pdf) for this program.