Certificate in Young Life Youth Ministry
At Bethel Seminary, we want to honor the hard work and training Young Life staff members go through to be God’s love for today’s youth.
Through our program, you can earn a certificate for your Young Life New Staff Training by simply taking 1 additional course through Bethel Seminary. And all credits can be carried over into a master’s program.
As part of the program, you’ll receive:
- Accredited recognition for New Staff Training courses through Bethel Seminary
- Certificate in Young Life Youth Ministry
- Training you can immediately apply to your ministry setting
To earn a certificate, staff members must take 6 New Staff Training courses through Young Life and 1 course in hermeneutics at Bethel Seminary St. Paul. Hermeneutics can be taken through the residential program or the InMinistry distance program.
Young Life Core Courses
- Introduction to Youth Ministry
- Life of Christ: Communicating Christ to Adolescent Culture
- Leadership I: Foundations for Incarnational Youth Ministry
- Leadership II: Incarnational Discipleship of Young People
- Pastoral Counseling
- Systematic Theology I
Bethel Seminary Courses
- Hermeneutics: An introduction to biblical interpretation. The course will survey the relationship of author, text, and reader in the interpretative process with the goal of determining the nature and content of divine revelation. Students will gain practical skill in interpreting the primary literary genres of Scripture. This course should be taken as soon as possible after entering seminary.