Spiritual Transformation for Ministry Vitality
Do you long to further your own leadership growth and maturity? Want to build personal and spiritual formation as the foundation of your leadership practice?
In the Doctor of Ministry in Spiritual Transformation for Ministry Vitality, we help students develop leadership skills while giving special attention to the inner life and character of the transformational leader.
What Students Gain
Graduates leave prepared to use their deep understanding of personal formation to enhance their leadership as they serve in congregations and other Christian organizations.
- Explore personal formation and well-being
- Learn self-leadership practices—attending to the personal and spiritual dimensions of the inner life for more effective ministry leadership
- Appreciate the place of theological reflection in the formation of ministry leaders
- Understand congregational systems theory and practice
- Engage global and contextual realities in local ministry contexts
- Explore intercultural competence and its importance in ministry leadership
Using the cohort model, students take 7 course units over 4 years with resident intensives twice each year meeting in locations like New England, Metro D.C., and St. Paul, Minn.
Students enjoy the unique design and purpose of the cohort—giving them opportunities to interact with fellow students as well as mentors.
- Personal Well-Being and Ministry Effectiveness
- Understanding Congregational Systems
- The Servant Leader and the Inner Life: The Art of Self-Leadership
- Theology as Formation
- Global and Contextual Leadership