After You're Awarded
You have your financial aid award offer. Now you need to finalize the loans you'd like to receive. We've outlined a few steps here that should make the process a little easier.
Tell us about changes or additions.
Take a look at the award you received in the mail or view your award online and let us know if we should make any updates.
Be sure to verify that:
- Your award is based on the correct number of credits.
- We’ve included your outside scholarships.
Estimate your school bill.
Use the payment planner (pdf) to help determine your school bill.
By subtracting your gift aid from your estimated school bill, you can start planning for how you’ll pay the balance (cash or loans). Your charges may vary by quarter depending on the number of credits you take.
Process your loans.
If you need to borrow funds, here’s the process to complete for each type of loan:
- Apply for and accept your Direct Unsubsidized Loans.
- Apply for a PLUS loan if you need to borrow additional funds and we’ve confirmed your eligibility.
- If not eligible for Direct Unsubsidized Loans, apply for a private loan.
Declining loans: Want to decline your Direct loans? Simply return the loan response form you received with your award package or decline your loans online.