Explore financial aid opportunities through government programs designed specifically for veterans and their dependents or those serving in the military.
Amount: Up to $1,000 per term for full-time students. Up to $500 per term for part-time students.
Renewal: Must apply each year. Lifetime maximum of $10,000.
Type: State program.
Eligibility: You must be a Minnesota resident who is a:
- Veteran who is serving or has served honorably in any branch of the United States armed forces at any time; or
- Non-veteran who has served honorably for a total of five years or more cumulatively as a member of the Minnesota National Guard or any other active or reserve component of the United States armed forces, and any part of that service occurred on or after September 11, 2001, or;
- Spouse or child of a person who has served in the military at any time and who has died or has a total and permanent disability as a direct result of that military service. (Student must also be eligible to receive federal veterans education benefits as a spouse or dependent.)
Academic requirements: Must be a student in good standing.
How to apply:
- Apply for financial aid at Bethel and complete your FAFSA.
- Complete the online Minnesota GI Bill Application.
- Tell us you’ve completed the application and provide a copy of your DD-214 by sending an email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information: Learn more about the Minnesota GI Bill.
Additional Programs and Certifying Officials
See our list of military benefit programs and certifying officials to continue exploring your options or to contact someone with your questions.