California Senior Pastor Positions
Last Entry January 23, 2013
Church: Immanuel Lutheran Church, Fresno
Position: Solo Pastor
Open To: Men and Women
Job Description: Immanuel Lutheran has an opening for a full-time pastor at our church. We are in the process of searching for the pastor that God wants to lead Immanuel and would appreciate your prayerfully consideration.
- Immanuel is a medium sized congregation, worshiping an average of 180 most Sundays with a total membership of approximately 400.
- We are located in the rural outskirts just south of Fresno, in the small farming community known as Easton. It is a close-knit, friendly place to call home.
- There are 6 churches in our community and we enjoy having services together a few times each year, gathering in our sanctuary or at our park across the street. Immanuel strives to be Easton's community church, open and welcoming to all. We all also share in various community efforts and projects with our local high school (i.e., FCA).
- We do not have stereo-typical California weather of sunshine and 70 degree days 365 days per year; rather, we get to experience weather changes with each of the four seasons.
- We are a congregation that was originally made up predominately of farmers of Danish descent. There are still a few farmers among us and some with heavy Danish ancestry, but the wonderful melting pot of America has taken effect and we are now made up of everything from farmers to professionals, blue-collar to white-collar workers, homemakers to workaholics, with an unknown number of ancestry lines mixed among us! We consider members of Immanuel to be a family and a hub of Christ working in and throughout the Easton community.
Candidate Description: We are a NALC congregation. As such all pastoral candidates must be reviewed and accepted by the NALC. Our profile is posted on the NALC website, the LCMC website, and at Word Alone. We are also willing to email it to you if you would like. If you are interested, please contact Rev. David Wendel, the NALC ministry coordinator, who is also our NALC contact. He will help you begin the process of approval through the NALC. Also, please email a copy of your resume to our call committee chairman, Josh Gardner, at email@example.com. Any links to podcasts, websites, and the like are also welcomed! We truly hope to hear from you if you felt God tapping you on the shoulder while reading this.
Contact: Rev. David Wendel, NALC ministry coordinator
Date Received: 23 January 2013
Church: La Jolla Christian Fellowship, La Jolla
Position: Senior Pastor
Open To: Men and Women
Job Description: The Pastoral Search Team of La Jolla Christian Fellowship sees the role of the Senior Pastor as one of shepherding, managing, and leading the church in its mission to glorify God through lives transformed by the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This will include a strong and intentional emphasis on:
- Preaching and teaching the Word of God, giving form and substance to a cohesive Bible-based, Christ-centered, and Spirit-filled church
- Discipling and developing leaders to equip the saints for the work of the ministry
- Developing and overseeing an evangelistic youth program to draw in families
- Shepherding and leading by example what it means to live for Christ
- The pastor of LJCF will be a church builder who exhibits the joy of the Lord while drawing in families and people to grow and enhance the body of Christ.
- He/She will be filled by the Spirit, led by the Spirit and encourage the moving of the Spirit within the congregation.
- Our pastor will appreciate and share our aspiration that in word and walk, inside and outside our fellowship, we would exemplify the words expressed in the Lord's prayer, "on earth as it is in heaven".
More information can be found on the website listed below, underneath the Pastoral Search link.
Contact: Pastoral Search Team
Date Received: 21 January 2013