General Associate/Assistant Pastor Positions
Last Entry April 16, 2013
Church: Immanuel Church, Chelmsford, MA
Position: Associate Pastor
Open To: Men
Job Description: Immanuel Church in Chelmsford, MA, is seeking a full time ordained or ordainable Associate Pastor. We are an active member of the Conservative Congregational Christian Conference (CCCC) and seek a candidate who will ascribe unreservedly to both our local church's Statement of Faith and that of our denomination.
The first area of focus will be adult spiritual formation and discipleship. Working in conjunction with the Spiritual Formation and Discipleship Ministry Team, the Associate will equip the Team to embrace the concept of catechesis, which we define as "intentional, systematic instruction in the faith once delivered to the saints." The Associate will work with the Ministry Team in order to:
- Transition our adult education program from an elective-based model to that of a structured educational program.
- Develop and implement an intentional approach to Small Groups.
- Assist in the recruitment and training of all teachers and small group leaders.
- An M.Div. from a fully-accredited, evangelical theological seminary
- Ordination by an evangelical body (denomination or local church), or ordainable (preferably by the CCCC)
Personal and Spiritual Attributes:
- Faithfully communicates how God is working in his life
- Seeks the filling and guidance of the Holy Spirit
- Puts his family relationships foremost in priority after his walk with God
- Encourages all attendees of Immanuel to discover and use their spiritual gifts
- Has a heart for and commitment to proclaiming the Gospel
- Effectively communicates biblical truths to a span of listeners from unbelievers to mature Christians
Please visit our website to learn more about the position, our theology, and how to apply.
Date Received: 16 April 2013
Also Listed As: Massachusetts
Church: Westchester Evangelical Free Church, Des Moines, IA
Position: Associate Pastor of Corporate Worship
Open To: Men
Job Description: This pastor will be responsible for the overall leadership, design and implementation of Westchester's worship ministry, seeking to engage people in meaningful worship that is Christ-centered and biblical. This involves all aspects of worship within the fellowship and also the development of the music ministry within our Chinese, youth, and children's ministries.
- Model, disciple, and encourage the daily worship of God to the fellowship.
- Provide pastoral, musical and spiritual leadership and development for the worship ministry team members.
- Integrate the worship/music ministry with the Disciple Making efforts of the fellowship.
- Develop future worship leaders.
- Select music and other media in collaboration with the Senior Pastor and/or worship ministry team.
- Coordinate and lead rehearsals for instrumentalists, vocalists, ensembles, choirs, etc. for worship services and other events.
Oversee the following:
- Secure proper copyright clearance for music and video presentations
- Sound system and sound engineers
- Develop and implement the budget for worship ministry area
- Organize and maintain music and other materials used in worship production.
- Cooperate with and participate in the Disciple Making efforts throughout the fellowship.
- Work in unity with the pastoral staff to model a cohesive team.
- Participate in other duties assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- A clear and compelling sense of call to the Gospel ministry.
- A passion to worship and serve God, as well as a pastor's heart to serve others. (Ephesians 4:11-13; 1 Peter 2:9, 10).
- The evidence of a Christ-led life. This position should be an outflow of a person's relationship with Jesus.
- Christian character and servant leadership as stated in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4.
The ability to:
- model, teach, encourage and lead a multi-generational congregation to worship God.
- plan, coordinate, and lead worship services while being sensitive to the movement of the Holy Spirit.
- shepherd the worship ministry team members pastorally, spiritually and musically.
- Bachelor's degree in Ministry and/or Music.
- Musical and leadership talents both as a vocalist and instrumentalist.
- Communication and presentation skills.
- A personality that is relational, flexible and positive.
- Evidence of a commitment to the Westchester Statement of Faith, ministry philosophy, and purpose.
Contact: Dave MacKinnon
Date Received: 13 April 2013
Also Listed As: Iowa
Church: Harvest Bible Chapel - Rockford, Loves Park, IL
Position: Associate/Assimilation Pastor
Open To: Men
- Oversee the tracking of our newcomers and how they are integrating into the body (Assimilation)
- Oversee our crisis ministry which we call, "A Present Help" (nancial assistance to our people and then how to reach our city through meeting needs)
- Plan, direct, and oversee adult equipping classes (parenting, marriage, NT/OT survey, theology, recovery groups)
- Assist the staff and senior pastor in carrying out the mission by breaking down projects and dreams into manageable steps for execution
- Work with the administrative assistants to develop infrastructure that will ensure quality of community
- Oversee and coordinate church-wide events
Note: We are looking for someone who will build teams and structure for everything listed above. We are not interested in hiring someone to do all the work, but rather equip the saints for the work of service. We need a leader of leaders.
Candidate Description: Spiritual Gifts needed: Leadership, Administration, Teaching
- Possesses Christian maturity and integrity
- Heart for the whole church not just his area of ministry; a team player
- Hard-worker, kind-hearted yet firm in his convictions, able to confront gently
- Passionate to equip and see others use their spiritual gifts
- Equally driven to reach the lost and equip the saints and organize community
Contact: Jesse Schmidt
Phone: (815) 986-2603 Ext. 105
Date Received: 19 February 2013
Also Listed As: Illinois
Church: Cornerstone Evangelical Church, Yankton, SD
Open To: Men
Job Description: Pastor to work with Senior Pastor who is 95 years old. Cornerstone is a new young conservative evangelical church. Average attendance of 50 with lots of potential. Yankton is located on the Missouri River. It is a rural community about hours drive from Sioux Falls and Sioux City.
Candidate Description: Looking for an eager dynamic pastor with lots of energy who is called to preach and teach. Congregation is theologically and politically conservative and believes in the rapture and not evolution. Church believes in investing into people instead of brick and mortar consequently we meet in an elementary school to keep our expenses down. We have a core group of older members and college age believers. This is the best preaching job in the Midwest.
Contact: Mike Stevens
Date Received: 11 February 2013
Also Listed As: South Dakota
Church: Faith Community Church, New Richmond, WI
Position: Pastor of Leader Development
Open To: Men
Oversee Leader Development Branch, providing visionary leadership,
developing teams, future leaders, and maintaining alignment with the FCC
strategic ministry plan.
- Reporting Structure: Pastor of Leader Development will report to the Lead Pastor.
- We are looking for a leader of leaders.
- FCC is a theologically conservative/reformed church that is creative in our expression.
- We are a church planting church.
- We are also focused on church-based training in order to raise up the next generation of church planters and leaders.
Contact: Mike Evans
Date Received: 19 November 2012
Also Listed As: Wisconsin
Church: Central Baptist Church, Sioux Falls, SD
Position: Pastor of Go Ministry
Open To: Men and Women
Job Description: Pastor wanted to help challenge growing
congregation of (1500+) to fulfill the Great Commission.
includes warm people and cold South Dakota winters. Congregation is
ready to be unleashed with a compelling vision to rescue lost people.
Only apply if you are a visionary leader uninterested in status quo and
cautious methods of impacting the world with Christ's love. Modest
earthly rewards; abundant honor and recognition received in heaven.
Timid and shy need not apply.
Central's future Go Pastor will join a rich tradition of sending and
supporting missionaries, involvement in local compassion ministry, and
partnering with outreach organizations. He or she will be an innovative
thinker, able to inspire people of all ages to a lifestyle of mission. A
new generation awaits a cause worth giving their lives for. Are you the
leader that can inspire such a revolution?
The Central Baptist Church mission statement is Connecting people to a
life that counts for eternity by Building disciples that Go and change
lives. Staffing is structured around these three purposes (Connect,
Build, Go). This Pastoral position would be the leader of the Go
department, and would be responsible to collaborate with all other
departments to live out the mission of reaching the world for Christ.
- Administrate all people, programs, and finances within Go ministry
- Offer pastoral leadership to staff and congregation
- Inspire others to change the world for Christ by personal example
- Develop innovative strategies to execute the "Go" purpose
- Create enthusiasm for personal mission through inspiring teaching/preaching
- The ideal candidate will
have a ministry related bachelors or masters degree, five years
ministry experience within a multi-staff church model, and personal
experience in mission work both locally and globally.
- The candidate must
also have the proven ability to recruit and build volunteer teams,
develop and work within a significant mission budget, and competently
fill the pulpit in relief of our Lead Pastor when asked.
Interested candidates must send an electronic cover letter, resumes, and
references to the email below. This position will remain open until
Contact: Go Pastor Search Committee
Date Received: 16 November 2012
Also Listed As: South Dakota