Canadian Provinces Ministry Positions
Last Entry December 24, 2012
Church: Tenth Church, Vancouver, BC
Position: Family Ministry Pastor
Open To: Men and Women
Job Description: To participate with the staff and community of Tenth church in its mission to be a place of worship, transformation and outreach by providing for the integrated spiritual formation and discipleship of families across all of Tenth's campuses.
Primary Job Responsibilities: Work in collaboration with other pastors to cast a comprehensive vision of ministry to Tenth families, especially their spiritual formation and discipleship, and implement this ministry across all age groups and life stages.
- To work collaboratively with existing children's ministry department and student ministries department to develop a comprehensive vision for the integrated spiritual formation and discipleship of Tenth families across all services and sites.
- To oversee and work collaboratively with pastoral staff in children's ministry and student ministry to implement the vision.
- To develop Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) to monitor the implementation of the vision and measure its effectiveness, in conjunction with Tenth's Five-Year Plan.
- To serve as the primary representative of, and spokesperson for, family ministries.
- To equip and support parents as the primary disciplers of their children and spiritual leaders in their homes.
- To oversee and develop the pre-marital mentoring and marriage ministries.
- To plan and oversee the annual Family Weekend Away retreat.
- To work closely with the Pastor of Discipleship and Small Groups to facilitate the involvement of families in small groups.
- To foster a missional mindset among the couples and families of Tenth.
- To recruit and serve as a resource for, and equipper of, volunteers in family ministries.
- To develop a method for fostering regular communication with, and support of, families.
- To participate fully in tenth Church staff meetings and all staff activities.
Candidate Description: Required Skills and Experience
- Spiritual maturity and evidence of having engaged in ongoing, personal spiritual formation.
- Bachelor's degree required, M.Div. or M.A. in Marriage and Family (Children's and Family Ministry) preferred.
- Experience in exercising effective leadership in the areas of children's and family ministry.
- Proven record of working collaboratively with others and developing effective ministry teams.
- Passion and ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-site, urban environment.
- Gifted in casting vision and mobilizing broad-based support for the implementation of the vision.
- Ability to recruit, equip and mobilize volunteers for effective ministry.
- Well organized with proven administrative abilities.
- Relational and outgoing, with a passion for connecting with people.
- The ability to offer pastoral care to a broad range of people experiencing a variety of family concerns.
- The ability to engage in effective conflict resolution.
Contact: Sue Rima
Phone: 604-876-2181, X 211
Date Posted: 24 December 2012
Church: Scarborough Chinese Baptist Church, Scarborough, ON
Position: Youth Pastor
Open To: Men and Women
Job Description: Scarborough Chinese Baptist Church (SCBC) is a multilingual church with 3 congregations: English, Cantonese and Mandarin. We are seeking a visionary full-time Youth Pastor with a missionary heart who will minister to our English-speaking youth.
- You will provide energetic leadership and discipleship to the youth of SCBC so that they can be salt and light in their schools, homes and neighborhoods.
- You will work in collaboration with the pastoral and lay leadership teams to oversee a comprehensive youth ministry department that ministers to teens in grades 7 through 12.
- You will develop relationships and supervise programs that will equip our youths to live with wild abandon for our Lord Jesus Christ.
The youth pastor reports directly to the lead English pastor and is responsible for the following:
- The Youth Pastor ascribes honor to God in his or her day to day life and promotes the worship of God among the youth of SCBC.
- Provides opportunities for youth to experience worship that glorifies God in ways that are relevant to their culture
- Fosters an attitude of worship in youth
- Encourages youth to participate in worship leading
- Outreach - The Youth Pastor seeks to proclaim the reality of Jesus Christ through word and deed to the youth of Scarborough and encourages our youth to be salt and light in their respective communities.
- Develops a youth program that is open and welcoming to all
- Encourages and equips the youth to be missional-minded, and to actively share their faith in the community in which they live
- Works with others to plan, implement, evaluate and follow up on year-round youth ministry outreach opportunities
- The Youth Pastor encourages those who are hurting, celebrates with those who are rejoicing and seeks to unite the youth of SCBC through fellowship.
- Provides pastoral care to youth and youth leaders, in conjunction with the lay leadership team and the pastoral staff
- Fosters the mutual accountability and strong relationships among the youths
- Discipleship - The Youth Pastor offers others the knowledge of Christ and seeks to equip the youth of SCBC to give themselves to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Recruits, works with and equips a lay leadership team to plan and lead youth ministries, including but not limited to junior and senior high
- Develops opportunities for parental education surrounding youth issues and culture
- Provides youth with a mentoring system to learn accountability to Christian values and discipleship
- Puts in place a comprehensive curriculum that equips youth to fully participate in the life of the church; encourages youth to grow spiritually, socially and in leadership
- Provides training to adult counselors to mentor, love, serve and teach the youth through both informal gatherings and formal programs
- Creates entry points through which youth can utilize their gifts as part of the broader congregation
- The Youth Pastor grows in his or her faith through a consistent and deepening prayer life while calling the youth of SCBC to depend on God through prayer.
- Develops and teaches the youth personal and corporate prayer
- Participates actively in the community prayer life of the Church
- Prepares an annual budget to be submitted to the finance committee
- Preaches at the English worship service as assigned
- Supports the team of pastors by sharing leadership responsibilities for the ministry formation of the English congregation as well as SCBC as a whole
- Passionate about your relationship with Jesus Christ
- A clear calling to minister and disciple youths
- A heart for evangelism among the youth culture
- A degree from an accredited academic institution in a related field and/or minimum three years ministry experience; Master of Divinity an asset
- Fluent in English (oral and written) and excellent communication and administrative skills
- Strong team player and interpersonal skills
- High proficiency in social media
Contact: Search Committee for Youth Pastor
Phone: 416-297-8011 X 1141
Date Received: 29 November 2012