Last Entry posted February 21, 2013
Church: White Pine Community Church, North Yarmouth, ME
Position: Youth Pastor
Open To: Men
Job Description: The creation of a full-time youth pastor position reflects White Pine's commitment to helping students find and follow Jesus.
- Provide vision and overall direction for high school and middle school ministries.
- Work closely with children's director to develop a strategic and seamless ministry to
- students from birth to high school graduation.
- Shepherd all regular attenders to the youth group, directly or indirectly.
- Fulfill the primary teaching role for both high school and middle school ministries.
- Maintain full, purposeful and balanced activity calendars for both high school and
- middle school programs.
- Recruit, train, motivate and supervise adult sponsors as needed.
- Counsel youth and parents as needed.
- Maintain scrupulous financial records for all activities.
- Provide general pastoral service to the church family as requested by the senior pastor.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
Accountability: The youth pastor will be in full submission to the board of elders, and will report directly to the pastor.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation package will be based upon education, experience and family needs.
- Full-time benefits include health insurance and retirement contributions.
- Three weeks of paid vacation will be given (and taken) each year.
- Mileage reimbursement will be equal to IRS reimbursement.
- Compensation package will be reviewed annually.
Partnership and Licensing:
- Youth pastor and spouse will be partners from date of employment.
- Youth pastor will be licensed as a minister of the gospel from date of employment.
- Licensing will terminate when employment ends.
We are looking for a teacher/leader who has a contagious love for Jesus
who relates naturally to both middle school and high school students.
Our youth pastor will be equally passionate about outreach and
discipleship and will design a strategy and build a team to reach
pre-Christians and nurture Christians. In addition, the youth pastor
will be part of the team that provides general pastoral service to the
entire church family and community. This position will be filled by
someone called to long-term youth ministry, not someone who is looking
for a stepping stone to a different career goal.
- Contagious spiritual life.
- Genuine love for youth and clear calling to youth ministry.
- Wholehearted commitment to White Pine mission and values.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent).
- Giftedness in teaching the Bible relevantly to youth.
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with sponsors and parents.
- Above reproach in all areas of life.
Contact: Youth Pastor Search Committee
Date Received: 26 February 2013
Also Listed As: General Youth
Church: Guilford Center Baptist Church, Guilford, ME
Open To: Men
- Lead and preach a Sunday morning service and evening service.
- Lead a mid-week service.
- Have a vision for reaching the lost.
- Have a heart for visitation.
- Have a gift to preach the word.
Contact: Robert Moulton
Date Received: 21 February 2013
Also Listed As: General Pastor