Last Entry February 19, 2013
Church: Century Baptist Church, Bismark, ND
Position: Children's Ministry Assistant Director
Open To: Men and Women
Job Description: The Children’s Ministry Assistant will assist in oversight and direction of the children’s ministry at Century Baptist Church. Responsibilities:
the Children’s Ministry Director by enlisting, equipping, educating,
encouraging, and empowering volunteer Children’s Ministry team members.
- Assist in planning and carrying out of special events.
a portion of the existing ministries (programs). Specific ministries
will be decided jointly with the Children’s Ministry Director,
Children’s Advisory Team and Lead Pastor, based on needs and giftedness.
- Serve on Children’s Advisory Team.
- Follow policies and procedures as outlined in the Century Baptist Church Child Safety Program.
- Attend staff meetings, both departmental and church ministry team as directed by the Children’s Ministry Director.
- Use skills and giftedness to assist with general tasks, as delegated by the Children’s Ministry Director.
- Maintain and be accountable for regular work hours as directed by the Children’s Ministry Director.
- Accept and practice the values of the ministry team.
invest approximately 10% of ministry time to Kingdom ministries as
agreed upon by the Children’s Ministry Director, Lead Pastor and Board.
the annual review, make appropriate recommendations to the Personnel
Committee for the Board’s consideration for change of this job
description in partnership with the Children’s Ministry Director and
Candidate Description: Requirements
include various character qualities, skills and abilities, and
education/experience preferences. A few are listed below; please visit our website for further requirements.
- Spiritual maturity as evidenced by a commitment to Christ and the fruit of the Spirit.
- Person of the Word and prayer not just in knowledge but application.
- Servant-leader: a gracious spirit and commitment to serving and helping others.
- Administrative skills to plan and implement various ministry programs.
- Understanding of the stages of growth and development and how these practically apply to the planning of activities.
- Experience in church-related children’s ministry, including management of a large volunteer staff.
- Training in volunteer management.
Contact: Melanie Kost
Date Posted: 18 February 2013
Also Listed As: Children and Family