In the Doctor of Ministry in Missional Effectiveness, we help students become effective missional leaders. In a world that's becoming increasingly diverse, skeptical of the church, and even post-Christian, pastors, church planters, parachurch leaders, and non-profit Christian leaders will need to develop and refine the leadership skills necessary to reach those without faith and raise up other leaders to partner with them in their missional efforts.
This Doctor of Ministry program explores the biblical foundations of a missional model and contemporary scholarship on missional leadership with practitioners who have been effectively transforming the culture where they live and serve.
What Students Gain
From understanding multiple models of missional ministry to learning the value of self-leadership, students become equipped to lead in transformational ways.
- Explore and understand missional ministry
- Engage spiritual and personal foundations for ministry effectiveness
- Understand effective approaches for influencing a diverse world through missional contextualization
- Explore the priority and practice of missional innovation with leading practitioners
- Investigate essential theories for effectively leading missional organizations
- Integrate learning and reflect on the practice of missional ministry
- Enjoy the unique design of the cohort model and interacting with fellow students and mentors
In the cohort program, students take 7 course units and write a thesis over 4 years, meeting for week-long resident intensives each spring and fall in San Diego.
- Intro to Missional Ministry
- Missional Contextualization
- Missional Innovation
- Leading Missional Organization