The Master of Arts in Ministry Practice at Bethel Seminary San Diego is for leaders called to specialized vocational ministry.
It's designed to give you the freedom to focus on your unique interests and purpose—on your specific ministry setting—while building a strong theological foundation.
Choosing Your Program Option
To give our students flexibility, we offer 2 different program deliveries:
- Residential Program: Meet for class in the afternoons and evenings at our San Diego campus.
- Distance Program: Take classes online, and then meet in San Diego twice a year for a week of coursework.
Studying Ministry Practice
When you study ministry practice, you take the theories and methods you learn in class and apply them right to your ministry or organization.
- Gain a biblical-theological framework for ministry practice.
- Develop a culturally sensitive practice of ministry.
- Discuss ethical and theological issues relevant to your ministry.
- Grow personally and professionally to transform your ministry.
- Study under faculty who not only possess advanced degrees, but who also actively serve in their fields of instruction.
M.A. in Ministry Practice students feel called to vocational ministry careers in churches, social agencies, and other parachurch organizations.
Graduates leave the program with knowledge of the Christian faith and evidence of emotional and spiritual maturity. They relate to others with integrity and can tailor their skills for specialized ministry.
While the curriculum provides excellent preparation for specialized ministry in the church, it is not designed to be an abbreviated graduate program leading to the pastorate. Those who want to serve as senior pastors or in other senior leadership positions are encouraged to enroll in the Master of Divinity program.