Why Ministry Practice at Bethel?
We provide students with theological training and practical skills that can be transferred directly to their specialized area of ministry.
Here are a few highlights of the program:
- Delivery options. Choose to enroll in the residential program here in San Diego or our distance-learning program designed for those throughout the country and world who want to stay in their ministry setting.
- Hands-on ministry. All students gain experience working in local churches or area ministries.
- Relationship building. Our San Diego programs are small enough to build good relationships with students, teachers, and staff, but have resources of a large institution due to the support from Bethel University.
- Faculty practitioners. Faculty are respected, published scholars who are actively engaged in ministry throughout the world.
- Preparation for ministry to diverse cultures. Our community offers a wide variety of world cultures within a five-mile radius of the seminary. Plus, we train students in strategies for understanding the Bible combined with models to contextualize the gospel message in diverse cultures—maximizing its impact in the lives of those who seek God’s truth.
- Practical, balanced teaching. Students learn techniques for church planting and church leadership that respect the ethos and worldviews of the people we serve.
- Adaptable training. Graduates of Bethel are prepared to understand the many historical traditions of applied and situative faith, and to incarnate the gospel of Christ in any environment to which God may call them.